Huecotanks.com is NOT
affiliated with Texas Parks and Wildlife.
Online Climbing Guide
Rare Archaeological video unearthed!
Rite of (bouldering) passage for young Lycra Tribe warrior confirms that Paso Americans climbed at Hueco in the previous century.
Albert Jimenez solos Wyoming Cowgirl (5.12) on End Loop ~ spring 1992
Windows Media QuickTime
Rock Rodeo 2006
Results (point totals)
Sam Davis, Jason Kehl and other Mutants session on Eternal Darkness
Eternal Darkness Slide Show
Assorted Rock Rodeo Slides
Isabella Ritsch doesn't choke on the Mexican Chicken
Windows Media QuickTime
"Active Content" browser warning for huecotanks.com?
Rest assured that the content is safe. More info here.
* Hueco Rock Rodeo 2014 Feb. 15, 16!
* American Alpine Club now owns the Hueco Rock Ranch!
* Wagon Wheel Co-Opt is a great option for tours
* North side of Mushroom boulder permanently closed!
* Heinz Duerkop killed in cowardly hit-and-run on June 21, 2009.
* Win $100.00 in Hueco Climbing History Contest!
* Rock Rodeos of yesteryear.
* Directions, camping/guiding, access, summary of restrictions
* Pete is no longer with us; 1940 ... 8.2.2006
* IMPORTANT information from Ed Leeper regarding bolts
* Interview with former Hueco Manager John Moses
* Bolt failures at Hueco - use common sense; ignore FUD
* VOTE in our New and Improved PURP opinion poll!
* Become a Hueco Volunteer Guard
* National Park Service "Morning Report"
* Todd Skinner dies in Yosemite rappelling accident 10.23.06
* Hans Florine wins 2004 Red Bull Rock Jam
DON"T PUT TICK MARKS ON THE ROCK TO INDICATE HOLDS! If you are such a crappy climber that you can't send without a chalk mark, then stay home. Don't provide ammo for the anti-climber forces!
Huecotanks.com looks best in W3C-compliant browsers such as FireFox - not in IE, which is non-compliant.
Thanks for visiting our website! Non-English translations of Huecotanks.com are now available: Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, French, German and Portuguese. We also have a copy of the Visitor Info in German.Above: 1997 Rock Rodeo - sponsored by the EPCC
If you are planning a climbing trip to Hueco, check out the Hueco Info and TPWD sections.
Opinions, politics, fiction, history, essays and various ranting can be found in the Spray section, written to appeal to freedom-loving, authority-questioning climbers with a taste for absurdity. Even if you have figured out how to work the present system and don't agree with our concerns about overly restrictive regulations, you might find something there to interest you.
Until recently, our position, shared by many other interested groups such as the Access Fund and the Central Texas Mountaineers, was that Hueco can protected and preserved without violating the rights of legitimate, responsible users. We no longer think that is possible. Big Government is in full control of Hueco and they will do whatever the f**k they want. Things might get better, they might get worse, but it really has almost no connection with climber complaints or "cooperation." If you like ramming your head against political walls over and over, have a field day ... but this site will not be of much use to you. Good Luck!